Sunday 24 June 2012

Artist Feature: Chris Crawford


Trying something new here on ElectroCity, Artist Features. So from now on everyone once and a while i'll post 1-3 tracks by an artist on youtube and all the rest of my favourite tracks by them on the blog. This weeks featured artist is Chris Crawford. Here is a description of how he got into making electronic music in his own words: "Ever since GarageBand came out on mac computers in 2004 I've been making music on the computer, but Newgrounds.com got me into electronic dance music. I was a big fan of flash animations when I was little so I ventured over to the audio section and started to get into all the drum and bass and electro tracks on the site - Paragon X9 was a huge inspiration. Eventually I discovered Daft Punk, downloaded a free iTunes Electronic Music sampler from their Facebook page which included the first deadmau5 and ratatat tracks I'd ever heard. Then I was hooked on edm and realized that GarageBand was suited to make it on my compute. Obviously I sucked pretty bad at first, but after learning all I could on garage band I moved on to bigger DAWs stopped using preset synths, and it grew into a pretty involved hobby." Without further ado here are my favourite tracks by him.


Free DL: http://soundcloud.com/christophercrawford/bingo-players-rattle-chris


Free DL: http://soundcloud.com/christophercrawford/not-getting-any-better-chris









Chris Crawford on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/christophercrawford

No comments:

Post a Comment